A R C H I V E

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Red Love

My absolute favorite red lipstick that I will buy forever and ever until the end of time is Ruby Woo (matte finish) from MAC. 

It was the first red lipstick I owned and since the purchase (in 2012?!), I've probably converted 4 or 5 of my friends to buy it. The formula is drying, probably the most drying out of all the matte ones I own or that I've tried, which can be a set off for some people but, personally I love a really matte formula that's not going to move on my lips and that I barley need to touch up.

Something interesting that I found with this lipstick is that, against my skin tone it looks like a true red, like Snow White's apple red, but against some of my friends with a more fair skin tone the color looks more pinky. And to be honest, I think it's something in the formula that's making it look that way! (Well, I would very much like to think that this lipstick has special powers.) 

Anyhow, it's a gorgeous shade and I think everyone should own it :) 
This is a fabulous little zip pouch I bought in New York at a little market in Chelsea. The Designer is Pamela Barsky. You can purchase her adorable and sassy pouches on Etsy. CLICK ME! I have another pouch too, and I love them both. Check her out!


What's your all time favorite, no fail red lip color?

No comments :