A R C H I V E

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Fresh Faced n' Fancy


I'm always interested in how other peoples chill time makeup and skin care look like. My skin has always been good (knock on wood) so I don't have to use much on my skin. A little dryness here a little oiliness there, but all in all my normal skin does not need much. 

I thought I would share the products that I use skin & makeup to achieve my chill time, fresh and fancy look.



1. La Rouche-Posay ISO-UREA Fluide

This stuff rocks. I love gel based moisturizers and this is amazing, it is so hydrating and it makes my skin feel quenched and firm. Love it, though I own several of these mini samples (courtesy of my sister's friend who sometimes hooks us up) I don't actually know what they're supposed to do because there is so description on the back...But it works like a dream!

2. Arbonne RE9 Advanced Corrective Eye Cream

I don't use eye creams on a regular basis, but when I do I prefer the ones that start off thick then go on almost a watery constancy. I feel like my skin really drinks up the product...am I making any sense here? 

3. Blistex Lip Balm 

I usually lean towards using this balm when I'm sick because I feel like the strong mint-esque smell will heal my dry cracked lips. And I do believe it works, I barely use much of it at a time because it is a very thick and heavy balm, bees-wax like (looks like it too) but it really does help my lips to make them look and feel new again.

4. True Blue Mini Super Softening Hand Lotion

This little guy has a lot to say for itself. It smells like a tropical paradise and reminds me of that good ol' Bath & Body Works smell. Since it's mini it fits perfectly in my makeup bag and its super easy to find when I carry it in my purse. The only downfall to this lotion is that if you take a little too much it can be a tad greasy, but I usually just rub the excess off on my arms.




1. L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara

Favorite drugstore Mascara hands down! 1st coat gives length, 2nd coat adds volume and even more length and a 3rd coat would add even more volume. It says telescopic but it really is the real deal guys. I buy the Carbon Black version, not sure what the difference is between this and the original, and the Shocking version isn't that shocking to me. So buy this mascara, it might change your life by making your eyes look more awake.

2. Laguna Bronzer by NARS

Bronzers are a funny thing for me. I feel like my skin tone is difficult to find a good bronzer for. They are either too dark or too light. Laguna for example is a shade too light for my skin (in my opinion) but I do think that it does give my face more dimension and makes me look more youthful.

3. Gingerly Blush by MAC

This Sheer-tone Blush color is a apricot-y/red-ish-orange blush that looks similar to a bronzer color but is just orange enough to be a blush. I usually apply this to the apples of my cheek's and then take the remaining powder on my brush and sweep it onto my eyelids when I'm not in the mood to wear eye shadow.

4. Verve Lipstick by MAC

My newest edition to my lipstick collection and it does not disappoint one bit! It's difficult for me to fall in love with nude lipsticks because I truly feel like I can't find one that looks nice on me. So I opted for a brown. Verve is a matte finish (my favorite kind) and is just a shade or so deeper then my natural lip color. It just kinda smooths things over in the lip department making my fresh face look complete.



Are there any products you use to feel fresh faced?

2 comments :

M + K said...

We've been wanting to try the telescopic mascara for yonks!! Everyone seems to love it. Would you say it is more of a volumising or lengthening mascara?

www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

jessica chauhan said...

Completely lengthening and a tad voluminous. I think it depends though, for me it can give a great amout of length and volume :)