A R C H I V E

Friday, June 27, 2014

"Does this question your beliefs?"


I started to question myself the other day. Am I always too prepared? Am I ever going to run out of things to talk about? When am I going to start calling my job my career?

All these came about because I realized I have a post scheduled for about the next week, every weekday, at 12pm, Sharp. I began to just sit around and wonder what else can I do. I'm already posting once a day but I felt so empty not being able to write more. Then I realized, It's my blog and I make the rules.

I'm better at catching myself falling into a routine now. I never used to be, I would just let, day in and day out, be the exact same thing. It's boring, and almost exhausting. It feels like you're waiting for something that is probably never going to happen. When I was in New York it really bugged me that the appointments we went on, meeting designers and people who work in the Fashion industry, just explained their way to success as being in the right place at the right time with the right people...
You're kidding me right? These people were less educated then us but had still achieved these amazing jobs... How is this even possible. 
They were probably even more motivated not to follow in a routine because they have to seek out employment and opportunities in New York for crying out loud. Why does everything feel like a routine? 

I guess, routine doesn't have to be a bad thing though. I mean, personally, I hate it. But It's sort of something we can't get away from. There's always a plan though, something along the lines of, know what you wanna do, go out and do it, make some money, be surrounded by things/people you love and be happy.

I don't think routines allows us to progress. I think that maybe those people in New York were right about taking risks and carpe diem. Stepping outside of your comfort zone isn't always a bad thing.

What do you think? 

No comments :